So last year my New Year’s post was a pro/con list, tallying up the good and bad things that had happened to me over the past year. It felt like a pretty good way to assess how the year went for me, so in keeping with that theme, I present the 2010 Pro/Con list. I can’t believe how quickly this year passed!
- It took 1 year minus a week to find a job. I lost count how many job applications I sent, how many interviews I went on, cover letters draft, hopes raised, hopes lost. It was brutal, and soul crushing.
- My first car was officially written off, and I didn’t have a car for over half the year.
- I gained back some of the weight I lost during my depression in the first half of 2010.
- I got a job! And it’s exactly what I was looking for. Couldn’t be happier with it!
- I got an awesome car in July, and while she’s not quite as powerful as the Spec-V, I love that little RSX dearly.
- Moved into a fantastic new apartment, and now live so close to work that I walk every day (which has already resulted in a good start to my weight loss).
- Already have tickets for a new concert, Freezing Man
- My sister announced her engagement and I get to be the maid of honour!
- Rescued 4 more kittens, and found wonderful, loving homes for all of them.
- And best of all, I made some absolutely amazing and life-changing friends, through Twitter!
Despite the pro list being twice as long as the con, this year was very difficult. Let’s just say there was a lot of emotional fallout from all the garbage I went through in 2009. But now that 2010 is behind me, I feel like I’m embracing 2011 with a totally different perspective and attitude. Looking forward to what I hope will be an awesome year!
Happy New Years!
(My blog titles are song titles and this one is aptly named “New Year’s Day” by U2)